Monday, February 9, 2009

Locker Room Drama

Today I fully took over all the classes at the high school I am teaching. I am WORN OUT completely!! Anyways, along with teaching all classes today I also had to break up my first girl fight. Now going into teaching, I figured somewhere along the line I'd have at least one dispute. However, I never thought it would be two girls fighting over.... you guessed it... a BOY! Needless to say, I restrained one student and my teacher restrained the other and we broke it up instantly. I was lucky and did not get touched, but my teacher on the other hand got pushed and accidently brushed in the face. I'm glad that wasn't me because I don't know how I would have responded :) Until the next great story.....

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sure hope you are keeping a diary of your teaching days. One thing I wish I would have started a long time ago. Never too late I guess.

After 9 years of teaching jr. high I had a first this year - a jr. high student's mom came to school all day with him & walked him from class to class. Why? Because his parents were tired of his poor attitude at home & had been threatening him they were going to do it. Mom had had enough & showed up at school. Now how embarassing is that?!