Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A First of Many, I am Sure

Yesterday was my first day of offically student teaching. Now I don't get to teach this week because it is finals week, so I pretty much just hang out and read all day. NOT VERY EXCITING FOR 7 HOURS! But after my first day, I had many of my firsts to begin my teaching career. 1- Getting hit on by a high school student. By the end of the class, he wanted my number and my reply to him was "Nice try, but you're not getting it" 2- Getting hit with a pencil. For some reason, high schoolers are fascinated with breaking pencils and chucking them across the gym. It was unusual day in PE because they were cleaning out lockers and watching a movie, so the gym lights were off and there were 150 kids, so needless to say the excitement I dealt with. 3- My first sight of high school PDA!! I had to tell a girl to get off of her boyfriend. If you could only imgaine what I really wanted to say! 4- I experience the quickest lunch ever. Those precious 30 minutes go by sooo fast! To be honest, after my first day, I was not thrilled with high school students, but I am going to be Positive Pam and wish for the best. Like I told my mom, It can only get better!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Now you know why I walked into the teachers' lounge that one day & said - "Either "Buddy" gets medicine or I do. One of us has to be regulated because I can't take much more of him!"

You just wait, you will have so many stories to tell. Make sure you write something down each day so when you retire in 38 years you can look back on your career & smile!!!

Enjoy your student teaching. It goes way too fast.

PS - Can't wait to read the next post!