Monday, September 22, 2008

Teeing it up!







Well I'm sure you can tell that my weekend was spent golfing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! And I got even luckier on Sunday!!! There were 120 golfers in the two day tourney in Bloomington. My team, Illinois College, and Tiff's team, U of I Springfield, did not play with each other on day 1. However, on day 2, the teams are paired up with how you finished the 1st day. Well my team was in 13th place and Tiff's was in 16th place. Since four schools play together our schools got too!!! Then to make it even better, we both were playing the same position on the team that day!!! CRAZY, LUCKY, or just a plain Okawville thing?? So on Sunday, just like old high school days, Tiff and I got to play a round of golf together!!! It was such a blast to have Mom, Dad, Dave, and Karen watch us play together.
Even though I had an excitement weekend, Andy did too!! He had a football game up in Lake Forest, IL and at the end of the game he got tackled hard. When he was laying down he was having trouble breathing, so he just thought he got the wind knocked out of him really hard! Well after our trainer looked at him he said either a bruised rib or broken rib! So at 1 am and an X-ray and Cat Scan later, Andy broke his 9th rib!! He goes to the doc today to find out just how long he'll be out!
This week gets crazier and crazier. I'm not sure I've let anyone know yet, but I am assistant coaching the 7th and 8th grade girls basketball team here at the Jr. High in town. I LOVE IT!!! I'm so excited to get to coach. It's way different than O-town because most of these girls don't play until they get into 6th grade, so fundamentals are lacking! But the girls listen and we have a few athletes, so it makes for interesting practices. We have our first game this week, but I have class, so I can't attend! I'll keep you updated on that.
Well I need to get off and head to school, but I just wanted to wish my mom a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! She's 46 years young!! I LOVE YOU MOM!!

No comments: