Monday, September 1, 2008

Busy Busy Weekend


Well I'm a few days behind (right, Heather) but I had an extremely busy weekend. Friday, my Dad and Travis came up in the afternoon so we could all play golf. After we played 9 holes, we came back to the house and relaxed and enjoyed stories with each other. Once Mom got here, we all went out to dinner at the Applebee's in town. Once we got back, it was like 9:45pm and I was ready for bed! Travis went out with a couple of my friends while Mom and Dad watched some TV and hit the sack. Saturday morning came way too early. I had to be up before 6am to be at the course by 6:30. I woke up to the wonderful smell of breakfast. Mom had gotten up early to make breakfast for my roomies and me. It was delicious! We began the IC Invitational Tourney at 8am on Saturday. After a long day of the heat, I had shot an 81. After the first day of the tourney, my family and I hosted a golf team BBQ at our college house. Mom made homemade mac and cheese and Dad grilled some brats and burgers. All the girls brought something and everything was great. After everyone left, Mom, Dad, and I went to a friend's house to say hello and have a birthday drink with her and then we went to our favorite local establishment for a beverage. Two of my good friends were bartending, so it was nice for my parents to talk to them. Not a late night, because we were all exhausted.
Sunday morning it was the same routine of getting up way too early. On Sunday I shot a 79. I was happy with this score, but I could have played at least 3 strokes better!! At the end of the tourney they gave out awards. My team got 3rd place overall and lost by 3 strokes to the 2nd place team. I was tied for 5th place individually with 3 other girls. Once they did a scorecard playoff (they take your back 9 score and who ever has the best, gets the better place) I ended up getting 7th place. I was pretty pumped about this because it was our first tourney of the year and I had never placed in this tourney in the two years previous.


After the tourney, Mom and Dad came back to the house and got all their stuff. It was tough saying goodbye this time. I think we all had tears in our eyes at some point. Moments like those make me realize I may not be able to ever move too far away from home :) Today I have a busy day of classes, work, and meeting tonight for the Student Athletic Advisory Committee.
Today's quote: Golf is like a love affair. If you don't take it seriously, it's no fun; if you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart. ~Arthur Daley

No comments: